Sunday, January 5, 2014

deer hunt

One of our favorite traditions is the deer hunt. Every October we spend the weekend up at the cabin and go out hunting. We all met up at Travis and Sue's camp, they had everyone come over for a dutch oven dinner, my favorite!! It was delicious! After roasting smores and singing songs around the campfire we decided to call it a night. We drove the rest of the way to Pine Valley and stayed the night there. The next day everyone got up to go hunting and i slept in! It was so nice!! We went on lots of drives and just hung out! It was a good break from school. We had a party with all the Gates crew that day since it was Mitzi and Macey's 19th Birthday! I love spending time with our family! Alex ended up getting his first deer! We were so excited for him and I think he had a really good time! That night a few people went hunting and some of us stayed to play games at the cabin. Mitzi went in to use the bathroom and suddenly she was yelling for me to help it! It was so weird! I had no idea what was wrong. I ran in and she was freaking out, she had a tick on her! HA! We didn't know what to do. So we called my Aunt Mary Dawn because she would know what to do. Well she didn't but she had us come over anyways. While we were on our way over she looked up what to do and she was thrilled to get the chance to pull that tick out! It was hilarious. We had quite an audience! It was a great weekend, I love spending time with family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment