Thursday, February 12, 2015

FINGER PAINT VALENTINES

I switched the laundry and she crawled under her crib silly girl!
Thursdays are my day off school and work, so Kambree and I decided to make some homemade valentines! 
To make the finger paint, I used: 
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 1/4 cups of water
a pot & whisk
red food coloring

Add the flour to the pot as well as the salt. Set the stove plate to medium heat. Measure out your flour and slowly add it while mixing it with a whisk to make sure there are no lumps. Once the mixture starts thickening turn the heat to low and stir until you get the right consistency for your paint.

Then I split the mixture into three different bowls and added food coloring to make light pink, hot pink, and red finger paint.

We spread out a tablecloth from the dollar store and Kambree dipped her hands in the paint and then onto a piece of paper. Then I used my heart shaped hole punch with some pink paper and we glued those onto our paper, they made the perfect valentines for our parents!

The best part was that I put Kambree in the bath and it washed right off, perfect project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment