Sunday, August 25, 2013

twins + mission calls

     My sisters had both been talking about serving missions, but I guess it never really hit that they were actually going to go until their calls were here and they opened them up. I am so proud of them and their decision to serve, but I am one sad sister. Abbey is gone and now two more. They are going to be wonderful missionaries. The week before their calls arrived I had my little sister Sadie over almost everyday to help me with decorations. We wanted it to be a surprise for the twins and with the house being built I knew my mom had no time for any sort of decorating.
     This is what we made...
The purple guesses were Mitzi's and the turquoise guesses were Macey's then we had the person who was making the guess write their name on the flag. 
The calls!!
Mac LOVES Uncle Chad!
You guys. I was bawling before they even opened their calls. I am such a baby. I know they are going to be wonderful missionaries and I know they are doing the right thing. But saying goodbye to both of them for a year and a half is going to be the hardest thing for me. Mitzi opened her call first. She was called to Nashville, Tennessee. She reports October 23rd and will be speaking english. Then it was Macey's turn. Macey was called to the Riverside, California mission. She reports October 23rd to the Mexico City MTC and will be speaking Spanish. Their calls could not have been more perfect. I am so grateful they are leaving the same day (even though October 23rd is going to be the worst day of my life!) I am so grateful for them and for their willingness to serve. They are going to be the greatest missionaries. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment