Tuesday, January 15, 2013

one with a cold + one with the flu

Saturday night we headed to Red Robin for dinner with our good friends Sam and Kelly. After dinner we came back to our house to watch a movie and I sniffled the whole way through. We went to bed and at about 3:00 in the morning I woke up to Alex shaking so so bad it was pretty scary. We got him all wrapped up and we went back to bed. Sunday morning neither of us felt very good but I had to teach primary and Alex had agreed to help me so yes, we did make it through all three hours of church, and yes, we were proud of ourselves because we were definitely not feeling up to it. Sunday afternoon Alex was really lightheaded and had the chills. Sunday night was a long one, we were both up a lot and couldn't go back to sleep. I started a little routine for every time I woke up. Blow my nose. Use Nasal D. Put the doTERRA essential oil "breathe" under my nose and on my temples. drink OJ. Then I would try to fall asleep again. Monday morning was miserable. I was supposed to work but I texted them right when I got up and I never heard back from them. When I finally decided I better get up for work I got a text saying they figured things out so that I didn't have to come in. I was so so grateful for that, I was miserable. Monday Alex was feeling better, YAY! Monday I laid in bed, THE WHOLE DAY! By seven that night I had cabin fever, I seriously couldn't sit inside any longer, so we went to coldstone for ice cream and watched the Jazz game in our family room. It was so good to get out for even just a bit. Today I was feeling a little better, we are keeping ourselves busy with the office, and the bachelorette. Happy Tuesday everyone!
Diet Coke helps with colds right? Oh and blurry pictures are nice too.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, that sounds miserable. I hope you are feeling much better now.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete