Thursday, October 25, 2012

the last three weeks: week one

The last three weeks have been completely crazy for me, to say the least. Tonight I am feeling so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who always keeps me positive. I have been so busy and I have had so much on my plate. Alex is finding out he married someone with an endless supply of tears. The last couple weeks they have come oh so easily for me, even the silliest of things makes me cry.

week one:
monday: class 12-2, work 2-7, physiology quiz after work
tuesday: class 9-12, work 2-7  
wednesday: i drew blood at the senior games from 7-4.
When I signed up for the phlebotomy program this semester I wasn't doing it because I wanted to be a phlebotamist. I have honestly grown to love it so much though. The senior games gave me such great experience. I had 72 successful draws at the games, and even though I spent the whole day there I didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I wish I could just be a phlebotomist and be done with school, but I know I need to go farther than that, I really enjoy it a lot though. 
after I finished at the games Alex picked me up and we headed to Snow Canyon to watch my sister play at one of the state games! He even brought Durango's for us to eat while we watched, what a sweetie.
thursday: I drew blood at the games 7-4, and then headed over to the Santa Clara Town Hall for Chris and Danica's wedding dinner. We love them and it was such a fun night!
friday: friday morning we got up and it was a rainy day. Chris and Danica had planned their wedding outside, but mother nature had other plans. They ended up moving the wedding ceremony inside her house and it was GORGEOUS. Their house was beyond perfect and the wedding was beautiful. After the ceremony and pictures we headed over to Pete's Irmitas. Alex and all of his friends used to go there in high school and Pete LOVES them. The best part about it was that he calls Bryson Smith, Romeo haha too funny. Lunch was delicious to say the least, then Alex and I headed to the mall for a little bit. That night we went to their reception. They had a photo booth sign in book, and all kinds of grilled cheese for dinner. my favorite! I also had WAY too much hot chocolate, but it was cold and tasted delicious. After the reception we headed up to Pine Valley to Bryson's cabin. We though about spending the night, but we both worked early the next morning so we decided against it. We played Just Dance on the wii, rummicub, and watched football. It was such a fun night... until we got home! When we pulled up we saw something weird in the headlights by our garbages. THERE WAS A SKUNK. I panicked. I was going to be so so mad if that thing sprayed my car, the smell would have never left! We sat in the car for maybe ten minutes, then it finally ran off. SO SCARY!
saturday: hmm. saturday was interesting to say the least. I was in charge of a ward party that day. It was a chili cook-off and even though I wanted no part in the contest I needed to bring chili anyways. I got up at 6AM and headed to the grocery store. Came home, and got cookin'. I love this chili recipe my aunt Mary Dawn gave my mom, but I had never made it before. My mom told me to cook the bacon, then cook the onions and hamburger in the bacon grease, apparently, that's what makes it so good. So that is exactly what I did. After the bacon cook, I went to put the hamburger in and as I was flipping it over my hand slipped and that big, fat slab of hamburger popped right into that pan full of grease. The grease went all over me. My face, hair, EYE, shirt, pants, and shoes. It was AWFUL. My face had a nice little collection of burns and my work clothes were covered in grease and so was my hair. but guess what, I was already late so I went as is. I had to work 8-2 and boy was it a long day. My face was on fire, and my eye was bright red. After work was finally over I headed home. To my surprise my chili was burnt. Seriously worst day ever. Alex got home a little later and I seriously was a mess. I felt so crappy, I had burns on my face, and my chili was burnt, but I was suppossed to be settting up a ward party right then. Alex made me sit down for a minute and he just held me close and let me cry. A couple minutes later he took me on a tour of our house and held my hand the whole time haha. He has weird ways of making me laugh, but it worked. I sure love that boy. Abbey came over and we went to the ward party together. There was plenty of chili there and the turn out was great. How about a week. I was SO happy for it to be over, seriously such a hard week. I am so thankful though to have such good parents, in-laws, and husband though. I seriously couldn't have done it without them!!

 {i was in charge of the homemade rootbeer at the ward party. Abbey and I found this in the bottom when we went to clean it out. so gross. so funny.}

{Alex left me this note the other day, word of advice: if you ever want and/or need new decorations. Just leave your fourth of July decorations up for four months! Works like a charm haha. I think I just found a dang good guy actually. love him.}

1 comment:

  1. That last little note is absolutely fabulous. Seriously. I secretly wish Darrin thought we needed more home decor! Ha!