Thursday, October 25, 2012

the last three weeks: part two

week two:
monday: class 12-2, work 2-7
tuesday: I drew blood at the senior games from 7-9, class 9-12, work 2-7
wednesday: 
I drew blood at the senior games from 7-9, worked at the hospital from 9-5, and went to class from 12-2 during my lunch break.
thursday: I had a co-op meeting at 6:50, drew blood at the senior games from 7-9, class 9-12, then I ended up going to a physiology lab from 12-2 since we were heading up north on friday and I wouldn't be able to make it to class. 
friday: We got up early and headed up north for the girls soccer state tournament, and for Bryson Hurst's wedding. This weekend we also celebrated the twins' birthday! We arrived just in time for the soccer game where these girls battled! The game was seriously so crazy. I am not a big fan of soccer but when the game was no score for basically the whole game we got excited. There wasn't much time left in the second half when we finally scored. We were jumping up and down, screaming our guts out, and praying the other team wouldn't score in the next four minutes. I lost my voice. No surprise there. After the game we headed over to California Pizza Kitchen. We ran into the Utah Jazz basketball team while we were there, and since it was Mitzi's birthday she got to get a picture with them! They are HUGE! California Pizza Kitchen was delicious as always, those avocado egg-rolls are a must, and never fail to please! We ended up shopping for the next couple hours which is always fun. That night Alex was invited to a "bachelor party" at Tucanos for Bryson Hurst, and I was really jealous. Hello, Tucanos is amazing. But since I wasn't invited ha, I ended up getting some new sweats at Victoria's Secret and finally used up some of my birthday giftcard! I then went to Orange Julius and got the biggest coke they had, for 99 cents! what a deal!! Then I went and sat in our parked car in the creepy parking garage for the next two hours and read my physiology book... so not fun. but I did change into my new sweats and i had a huge diet coke by my side so we managed ha. That night we had planned to stay at Heidi's new house, but we were just too sleepy so instead we stayed at my Great Aunt Marilyn's house with my family. It was so nice and so convenient. We were exhausted.







{photo credit: Ryker Gates}


Saturday: We got up early and got ready for the wedding. The sealing was at the Manti Temple and it was perfect. The sealer was hilarious and even though it was kind of long we were laughing the whole time. I think my favorite part was when he forgot to let the bride and groom kiss, then a little while later he said, "Oh, did you guys want to kiss." It was so cute and i loved it. I love that Alex and I are able to go see all of our friends sealed for time and all eternity, each sealing is so different, but so so special and I love it. We arrived in Salt Lake a half an hour before the game so we decided to stop at Chipotle for a quick lunch. Seriously sooo good. The game was at the Rio Tinto and was so intense. The game was no score for most of it and I found myself screaming the whole time, even if it was the wrong name haha... Sarah Hendersen scored with just a few minutes left and the girls knew they could win. They battled and Macey even got herself a yellow card. Yep, little teeny Macey was pushing people around. That just made the game that much better we loved that she was being so aggressive, I have never seen her play so hard, and I am so so proud of her. These girls have been playing together for years and all their hard work finally paid off. Good work girls, you deserve it!! After the game we went up to Gardner Village for a little while, I hadn't been there for years and it was so fun to go see it decorated for Halloween. We were hungry by the time we were done shopping around and since Macey was with the team all day on her birthday she decided that she wanted a big, juicy steak from Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner. The wait ended up being 85 minutes so we decided to hit up the one in Lehi and we did call ahead seating. There was still a little bit of a wait so Alex and I decided to dash on over to the wedding reception, sign in, go through the line, and meet back at Texas Roadhouse. We were so fast and there was hardly a line when we got there. The set up was gorgeous and wherever we were was so beautiful. It is safe to say I am OBSESSED with fall up north, I could talk about how gorgeous it was all day. Luckily we got there when we did because as we were leaving the line was out the door. When we got to Texas Roadhouse my mom, Mitzi, Macey, and Ben were still waiting for our table. Little did we know we were about to get a full on show. This specific Texas Roadhouse had a door-holder boy. His name was sheriff, and he, was quite the character. When we walked in there were three girls walking out and he said, "Three girls, now THAT is SEXY." We thought it was kind of weird but we just laughed it off and continued on our way to find our family. Then Sheriff fell in LOVE with Ben. I will let the pictures and videos do the talking. I am so glad this is where we went for dinner it was hilarious, until Sheriff got punched in the face by a four year old and thought he was going to die. He had to hold onto a car to stabilize himself and he was making really loud noises. We were laughing our heads off until we realized he was bleeding a little bit, then we felt kind of bad ha. oops.

 {these girls received their all-state soccer award at half-time, then sprinted off the field to join their team in the locker room}

 {The girls have been playing for KJ all year, and the state game just happened to be on his birthday. After the girls won they sang happy birthday to him and it was the sweetest thing. These girls know that KJ was helping them out today and they love and miss his very much.}

 Best supporter out there! We love Grandma Gates!
 He literally just popped on Ben's lap right out of nowhere. I don't know whether I have ever laughed so hard. poor Ben.












No comments:

Post a Comment