Sunday, January 5, 2014

a bleeding ulcer

As we were passing out water to all the runners at the Swiss days 5K, Mitzi started feeling really sick. She started throwing up but it was dark outside and we couldn't really see anything. We sent her home and finished passing out the water. Later my mom realized that she had thrown up blood and we were pretty worried. She was okay the rest of the day just really tired and out of it. My mom had her sleep close that night so that she could keep an eye on her just in case. Well Mitzi got up really early in the morning and threw up a lot more blood. They took her to the hospital and found out that she had a bleeding ulcer. They ended up being able to put a stint in it and then she had to stay in the hospital for a few days because she had lost so much blood. They had to give her blood and lots of fluids. She was still really sick for a few days. We were really worried about her leaving on her mission. She was told that she wouldn't be well enough to enter the MTC when she was supposed to and it was so hard on her. She was doing everything she could to get out of the hospital as quickly as she could. I spent all my free time with her at the hospital. They didn't really treat her as well as I thought they should have, it was disappointing. I was really grateful to know my way around the equipment and know how to help her. I hated that she was in the hospital but I loved taking care of my little sister and being able to spend a lot of time with her. Mitzi was told to only have liquids but we watched so much TV and there are so many food commercials! After she had been in the hospital about two days she saw a commercial for tater tots and wanted them soo bad. It was probably 9:30 at night and I knew Alex was just about to get out of class. Mitzi wouldn't eat anything at the hospital and I was getting desperate for her to eat! I called Alex and had him pick up a big order of tots. He snuck them into her room and we chowed down. Mitzi was loving it! She ate so many! I could have cried I was so happy. I didn't let her have any ketchup since it's red and they were worried about blood but tots aren't red so no harm done right? I didn't care she was so happy. I sure love my sister and I am so glad that everything turned out okay and she got to leave for her mission on time. I love you Mitzi!



No comments:

Post a Comment