Sunday, January 5, 2014

a surprise ultrasound

This semester I had my clinical rotation at the instacare on River Road. I loved the people I got to work with everyday and we got really close. Lisa (the clinical instructor) started getting really worried about me. I was having a lot of pain in my back on the left side. Sometimes it was so painful that I thought I was going to pass out. I ended up having the ultrasound tech take a look at my kidney to see if I had kidney stones. She didn't find anything so she decided to check my bladder to see if I was passing any. She didn't find any stones in my bladder, but instead of just ending the ultrasound she let me sneak a peek at the baby. It was truly one of the best moments of my life. Our baby was moving around like crazy. It's little heart was beating so quickly. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the rest of the day. The babe was measuring 3.15 centimeters. Right where it should be! Plus I was grateful to know that there was only one babe in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment