Monday, January 6, 2014

Idaho Falls, Idaho

Somehow Alex talked me into going to Idaho with him. I don't know how he did it. Probably because there is snow in St. George and there is snow in Idaho so no matter what I was stuck in snow. I'm not really a snow/winter person. We headed up after work on a Friday afternoon. We made a pit stop in Salt Lake and stayed at Heidi's house that night. It was so nice to break up the drive. That night we went to Cafe Trio and it was so yummy. We had flatbread with goat cheese for an appetizer and I must say I was a little skeptical about it. It was delicious!! I got a flatbread pizza and it was pretty good but the flatbread with goat cheese was divine. That night we stayed up late and played cards. I won:) The next morning we got up and went to breakfast at a place called Blue Plate Diner. They didn't even have blue plates, like what? It was yummy though and off we went to Idaho. Alex knew I was uncomfortable in the car and he kept telling me to sleep. I usually feel guilty sleeping while he drives but I was uncomfortable and I am pretty much always tired these days. We first stopped in Pocatello to meet Elder Pulliam's parents and family. They treated all of us to Cafe Rio. They were so nice! Then we drove another 45 minutes to Idaho Falls. We didn't do a lot this trip aside from eat, shop, and relax. It was so nice to not have to worry about working or school and just do nothing! They had a Mrs. Powell's restaurant that i was dying to go to! We used to have one in St. George and it was one of my favorites as a little girl. It did not disappoint! We also went and saw the Idaho Falls and the Idaho Falls temple. It was beautiful. I love seeing all the different temples! Thanks for having us Sam and Linsdey, now it's your turn to come visit us when it is warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment